Monday 28 July 2008

Absolut LA


From this month everyone can have a taste of the LA lifestyle as the world's most iconic vodka introduces ABSOLUT LOS ANGELES, a limited-edition, city-inspired flavor honoring the City of Angels. Celebrating the city's trend-forward ideals, the bold, new flavor is made with an all-natural symphony of blueberry, acai berry, acerola cherry, and fruity notes of pomegranate. ABSOLUT LOS ANGELES will be available beginning in July at bars, restaurants, nightclubs and retailers nationwide across America.

I love the ABSOLUT branding design and packaging, but I'm really against selling the 'LA lifestyle'. So we all want to be size zero, eat nothing and be surgically enhanced? I don't think so. I realise that ABSOLUT are simply cashing-in on the latest trends, but for me this is a trend that shouldn't be pushed; it's dangerous, and one I certainly won't be buying into.

No comments: