Friday 15 August 2008

I can't believe that there were people in there!!



Anyone of the 4 billion of us who watched the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony would have been left speechless after the unsurpassable and magnificent show. However, I'm currently in disbelief; I've just been informed by my boss, John, that the 'movable boxes' part of the ceremony was infact created by three-thousand people jumping up and down inside columns (as seen above). The illusion they created was phenomenal, and I was convinced this was all down to digital enhancement; definitely my favourite part of the ceremony. Apparently the chinese practiced this routine again and again for....wait for it....five years!!!!! what amazing dedication. As John said, "its easy to see why, when china can produce something like that, that communism clearly works." Hmmmm..not sure about that one!

I've also just come across this site, with some great photography of the ceremony:


No comments: