Wednesday 10 September 2008

Bullring Bull turns silver

New Silver look Bull

Old bronze statue

Unveiling

As a Brummy, I thought it only appropriate to add a patriotic post about my beloved hometown....!!! As the Bullring celebrates five successful years in Birmingham, the original bronze bull statue - all five tonnes of it - has been given a makeover in the form of a slick of silver paint.

I guess unless you are from Birmingham, and walk past this huge momument every day, like I do, you may not apprecaite this! I quite like the new look bull, although there has been mixed reviews with many stating that the statue now looks tacky and no longer unique. Fans of the original bronze incarnation of the bull need not worry, the silver paint is not permanent and will only be temporary!

No comments: